Re: finding changed blocks using WAL scanning

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: finding changed blocks using WAL scanning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 09:04:13PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> That is pretty much exactly what I was intending to propose.

Any caller of XLogWrite() could switch to a new segment once the
current one is done, and I am not sure that we would want some random
backend to potentially slow down to do that kind of operation.

Or would a separate background worker do this work by itself?  An
external tool can do that easily already:
https://github.com/michaelpq/pg_plugins/tree/master/pg_wal_blocks
--
Michael

Вложения