Re: Should the docs have a warning about pg_stat_reset()?

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Should the docs have a warning about pg_stat_reset()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:11:52AM -0500, Joe Conway wrote:
>On 4/13/19 3:42 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> If only we had a way to regularly snapshot the data from within the
>> database, and then compute the deltas on that. If only we could insert
>> data from one table into another one a then do some analysics on it,
>> with like small windows moving over the data or something ...
>
>Why not store deltas separately with their own delta reset command?

Well, we could do that, but we don't. Essentially, we'd implement some
sort of RRD, but we'd have to handle cleanup, configuration (how much
history, how frequently to snapshot the deltas). I think the assumption
is people will do that in a third-party tool.

regards