Re: Commit message / hash in commitfest page.

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Commit message / hash in commitfest page.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 04:27:56PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:

> > I think it might be useful to actually have that directly in the CF app,
> > not just in the thread. There would need to a way to enter multiple
> > hashes, because patches often have multiple pieces.
>
> > But maybe that'd be too much unnecessary burden. I don't remember when I
> > last needed this information. And I'd probably try searching in git log
> > first anyway.
>
> Yeah, I can't see committers bothering to do this.  Including the
> discussion thread link in the commit message is already pretty
> significant hassle, and something not everybody remembers/bothers with.
>
> But ... maybe it could be automated?  A bot looking at the commit log
> could probably suck out the thread links and try to match them up
> to CF entries.  Likely you could get about 90% right even without that,
> just by matching the committer's name and the time of commit vs time
> of CF entry closure.

I've been getting a lot of lift out of the git_fdw (well, out of
caching it, as performance isn't great yet) for constructing the
PostgreSQL Weekly News section on things already committed.

About 3.5% of commits (as of last week) on master are within a minute
of each other, so grabbing a window two minutes wide would work even
if we didn't have the committer's name in hand, it's unlikely to
produce more than one result.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778