Re: Commit(?) overhead

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Commit(?) overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On 2019-04-09 17:12:27 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> You could test that's the issue by comparing with fsync=off (please read what
> that means and don't run your production cluster like that).
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-FSYNC

I suggest testing it with synchronous_commit=off instead. That's about
as fast for this type of workload, doesn't have cluster corruption
issues, the window of a transaction not persisting in case of a crash is
very small, and it can just set by any user in individual sessions.

Greetings,

Andres Freund