Re: PGCOLOR? (Re: pgsql: Unified logging system for command-lineprograms)

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: PGCOLOR? (Re: pgsql: Unified logging system for command-lineprograms)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Peter Eisentraut 2019-04-09 <d483cdb6-db98-9b2f-7f2b-eed0f4bd975d@2ndquadrant.com>
> I'm okay with changing it.  As you indicate, I chose the name so that it
> doesn't look like a libpq variable.  There are some other PG_ variables
> throughout the code, but those appear to be mostly for internal use.
> Also, there is GCC_COLORS, LS_COLORS, etc.  But perhaps this wisdom will
> be lost on users who just read the man page and get confused. ;-)

Do we need two variables to control this? I was only looking at
PG_COLOR, and noticed PG_COLORS only later. Keeping PG_COLORS aligned
with {GCC,LS}_COLORS makes sense. How about removing PG_COLOR, and
making "auto" the default? (Maybe we could still support "PG_COLORS=off")

Christoph