Re: Planning performance problem (67626.278ms)

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Planning performance problem (67626.278ms)
Дата
Re: Planning performance problem (67626.278ms)  (Jeremy Schneider <schnjere@amazon.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 04:33:34PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> po 8. 4. 2019 v 16:11 odesílatel Krzysztof Plocharz <plocharz@9livesdata.com> napsal:
>
> > We have some very strange query planning problem. Long story short it
> > takes 67626.278ms just to plan. Query execution takes 12ms.
> >
> > Query has 7 joins and 2 subselects.
> > It looks like the issue is not deterministic, sometimes is takes few ms
> > to plan the query.
> >
> > One of the tables has 550,485,942 live tuples and 743,504,012 dead
> > tuples. Running ANALYZE on that tables solves the problem only temporarily.
> >
> > Question is how can we debug what is going on?
>
> please check your indexes against bloating. Planner get min and max from
> indexes and this operation is slow on bloat indexes.

I think that's from get_actual_variable_range(), right ?

If it's due to bloating, I think the first step would be to 1) vacuum right
now; and, 2) set more aggressive auto-vacuum, like ALTER TABLE t SET
(AUTOVACUUM_VACUUM_SCALE_FACTOR=0.005).

What version postgres server ?

Justin

Сообщение: Re: Planning performance problem (67626.278ms)
Сообщение: Re: Planning performance problem (67626.278ms)