Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 03:56:52AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> Consensus on the name seems to use truncate rather than shrink (a
> few poople kindly said they like shrink, and I'm OK with either
> name.)  And there's no dispute on the behavior.  Do you see any
> other point?

I personally much prefer "truncate" than "shrink", which was my
initial opinion in upthread as well.

Please note that the feature freeze will be effective in just a bit
more than 7 hours, as of the 8th of April 0AM on the AoE timezone
(Anywhere on Earth).
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at the end of relation
Сообщение: Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation