Re: Extending USE_MODULE_DB to more test suite types

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Extending USE_MODULE_DB to more test suite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 01:01:11PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:52 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> > I plan to back-patch the PostgreSQL patch, to combat buildfarm noise.  Perhaps
> > someone has test automation that sets USE_MODULE_DB and nonetheless probes the
> > exact database name "pl_regression", but I'm not too worried.  The original
> > rationale for USE_MODULE_DB, in commit ad69bd0, was to facilitate pg_upgrade
> > testing.  Folks using "make installcheck-world" to populate a cluster for
> > pg_upgrade testing will see additional test coverage, which may cause
> > additional failures.  I'm fine with that, too.

Pushed.  It looks like XversionUpgradeSave relies on having a
"contrib_regression" database:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=crake&br=REL9_5_STABLE

> Excellent. Extending use of USE_MODULE_DB has been on my list of
> things to do. I'll add the buildfarm patch right away. It should be
> harmless before these changes are made.

Thanks.

От: GUO Rui
Сообщение: Re: Google Summer of Code: question about GiST API advancement project