Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: ToDo: show size of partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Wed, 3 Apr 2019 12:55:06 +0900, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote in
<ee892049-0fe4-afe6-cbbf-31cf44fa8522@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> On 2019/04/03 12:02, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > \dPn doesn't show children because the are of 'r' relkind. And
> > \dPn * doesn't show type for children.
> I think it's intentional that leaf partitions are not shown, because the
> patch is meant to allow showing only the "partitioned" members of
> partition trees.  Regular \d[t|i][+] shows normal tables ('r', 'i', etc.)
> including their size, but it's useless for partitioned tables ('P', 'I',
> etc.) as far as showing the size is concerned, so the patch.  Even \dPn is
> meant to only show partitions that are themselves partitioned; note the
> "P" in the command.

+        then non-root partitioned tables are included, and a column is shown
+        displaying the parent of each partitioned relation.

Ah. I see. "non-root *partitined* tables". I misread the
phrase. Sorry for the noise.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi