Re: Unified logging system for command-line programs

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Unified logging system for command-line programs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 11:55:09AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> A written upthread, I think this should have had a uniform interface
> with elog.h, and probably even share some code between the two. This is
> going in the wrong direction, making it harder, not easier, to share
> code between frontend and backend. While moving around as much code as
> we'd have had to do if we'd gone to error reporting compatible with
> elog.h.

Like Andres, I am a bit disappointed that this stuff is not reducing
the amount of diff code with ifdef FRONTEND in src/common/.  This
actually adds more complexity than the original code in a couple of
places, like this one which is less than nice:
+#ifndef FRONTEND
+#define pg_log_warning(...) elog(WARNING, __VA_ARGS__)
+#else
+#include "fe_utils/logging.h"
+#endif
--