Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Mar-20, Euler Taveira wrote:

> Em qua, 20 de mar de 2019 às 14:57, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
> >
> > We managed to get rid of createlang and droplang in v10, and there
> > hasn't been that much push-back about it.  So maybe there could be
> > a move to remove createuser/dropuser?  Or at least rename them to
> > pg_createuser and pg_dropuser.  But I think this was discussed
> > (again) during the v10 cycle, and we couldn't agree to do more than
> > get rid of createlang/droplang.

Previous discussion:
https://postgr.es/m/CABUevExPrfPH5K5qM=zsT7tvfyACe+i5qjA6bfWCKKYrh8MJLw@mail.gmail.com

> Votes? +1 to remove createuser/dropuser (and also createdb/dropdb as I
> said in the other email). However, if we don't have sufficient votes,
> let's at least consider a 'pg_' prefix.

I vote to keep these rename these utilities to have a pg_ prefix and to
simultaneously install symlinks for their current names, so that nothing
breaks.

[In a couple of releases we could patch them so that they print a
deprecation warning to stderr if they're invoked without the prefix.]

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system