Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add exclusive backup deprecation notes to documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 04:29:35PM +0400, David Steele wrote:
> Please note that there have been objections to the patch later in this
> thread by Peter and Robert.  I'm not very interested in watering down the
> documentation changes as Peter suggests, but I think at the very least we
> should commit the added hints in the error message.  For many users this
> error will be their first point of contact with the backup_label
> issue/behavior.

The updates of the log message do not imply anything negative as I
read them as they mention to not remove the backup_label file.  So
while we don't have an agreement about the docs, the log messages may
be able to be committed?  Peter?  Robert?

"will result in a corruptED cluster" is more correct?
--
Michael

Вложения