Re: Distributing data over "spindles" even on AWS EBS, (followup tothe work queue saga)

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Distributing data over "spindles" even on AWS EBS, (followup tothe work queue saga)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 02:44:10PM -0400, Gunther wrote:
> You see that I already did a lot to balance IO out to many different
> tablespaces that's why there are so many volumes.

I wonder if it wouldn't be both better and much easier to have just 1 or 2
tablespaces and combine drives into a single LVM VG and do something like
lvcreate --stripes

> I am not sure my autovacuum setup is working right though. I wonder if there
> isn't some autovacuum statistics which I can query that would give me
> confidence that it is actually running?

pg_stat_all_tables

Did you do this ?
ALTER TABLE ... SET (autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor=0.001, autovacuum_vacuum_threshold=1);

Justin