Re: Compressed TOAST Slicing

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Compressed TOAST Slicing
Дата
Re: Compressed TOAST Slicing
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 08:38:56PM +0000, Regina Obe wrote:
> I tested on windows mingw64 (as of a week ago) and confirmed the
> patch applies cleanly and significantly faster for left, substr
> tests than head.

int32
pglz_decompress(const char *source, int32 slen, char *dest,
-                               int32 rawsize)
+                               int32 rawsize, bool is_slice)
The performance improvements are nice, but breaking a published API is
less nice particularly since some work has been done to make pglz more
plugabble (see 60838df9, guess how wrote that).  Could it be possible
to rework this part please?  It's been some time since I touched this
code, but it would be really nice if we don't have an extra parameter,
and just not bypass the sanity checks at the end.  Using a parameter
to bypass those checks may cause problems for future callers of it.
--
Michael

Вложения