Re: pgsql: Include GUC's unit, if it has one, in out-of-range errormessage

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Include GUC's unit, if it has one, in out-of-range errormessage
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 07:18:20PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> Include GUC's unit, if it has one, in out-of-range error messages.
>
> This should reduce confusion in cases where we've applied a units
> conversion, so that the number being reported (and the quoted range
> limits) are in some other units than what the user gave in the
> setting we're rejecting.
>
> Some of the changes here assume that float GUCs can have units,
> which isn't true just yet, but will be shortly.

It does not seem to have cooled down all animals yet, whelk is
still complaining:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=whelk&dt=2019-03-11%2000%3A41%3A13

-ERROR:  -Infinity is outside the valid range for parameter "geqo_selection_bias" (1.5 .. 2)
+ERROR:  invalid value for parameter "geqo_selection_bias": "-infinity"

It would be nice if we could avoid an alternate output.
--
Michael

Вложения