Re: Reaping Temp tables to avoid XID wraparound

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Reaping Temp tables to avoid XID wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 11:14:46AM -0800, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:45 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> wrote:
>> One problem that I can see with your patch is that you would set the
>> XID once any temporary object created, including when objects other
>> than tables are created in pg_temp, including functions, etc.  And it
>> does not really matter for wraparound monitoring.  Still, the patch is
>> simple..
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Sure, it will log it even when a
> temp function is created, but the namespace is still created then is it
> not?

What I mean here is: imagine the case of a session which creates a
temporary function, creating as well the temporary schema, but creates
no other temporary objects.  In this case we don't really care about
the wraparound issue because, even if we have a temporary schema, we
do not have temporary relations.  And this could confuse the user?
Perhaps that's not worth bothering, still not all temporary objects
are tables.
--
Michael

Вложения