Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-03-07 11:56:57 +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 at 08:33, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Here's a cleaned up version of that patch.  David, Alvaro, you also
> > played in that area, any objections? I think this makes that part of the
> > code easier to read actually. Robert, thanks for looking at that patch
> > already.
>
> I only had a quick look and don't have a grasp of what the patch
> series is doing to tuple slots, but I didn't see anything I found
> alarming during the read.

Thanks for looking.

Re slots - the deal basically is that going forward low level
operations, like fetching a row from a table etc, have to be done by a
slot that's compatible with the "target" table. You can get compatible
slot callbakcs by calling table_slot_callbacks(), or directly create one
by calling table_gimmegimmeslot() (likely to be renamed :)).

The problem here was that the partition root's slot was used to fetch /
store rows from a child partition. By moving mt_existing into
ResultRelInfo that's not the case anymore.

- Andres