Re: Patch to document base64 encoding

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 11:27:38 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 07:55:22PM -0600, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > Attached: doc_base64_v4.patch
>
> Details about the "escape" mode are already available within the
> description of function "encode".  Wouldn't we want to consolidate a
> description for all the modes at the same place, including some words
> for hex?  Your patch only includes the description of base64, which is
> a good addition, still not consistent with the rest.  A paragraph
> after all the functions listed is fine I think as the description is
> long so it would bloat the table if included directly.

Makes sense.  (As did hyperlinking to the RFC.)

(No matter how simple I think a patch is going to be it
always turns into a project.  :)

Attached: doc_base64_v5.patch

Made index entries for hex and escape encodings.

Added word "encoding" to index entries.

Made <varlist> entries with terms for
base64, hex, and escape encodings.

Added documentation for hex and escape encodings,
including output formats and what are acceptable
inputs.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein