Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 05:05:54PM -0500, Joe Conway wrote:
> Seems like it would be better to modify the arguments to
> CloseTransientFile() to include the filename being closed, errorlevel,
> and fail_on_error or something similar. Then all the repeated ereport
> stanzas could be eliminated.

Sure.  Now some code paths close file descriptors without having at
hand the file name, which would mean that we'd need to pass NULL as
argument in this case.  That's not really elegant in my opinion.  And
having a consistent mapping with the system's close() is not really
bad to me either..
--
Michael

Вложения