Re: readdir is incorrectly implemented at Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: readdir is incorrectly implemented at Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 06:38:16PM +0300, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
> Small issue with readir implementation for Windows.
> Right now it returns ENOENT in case of any error returned by FindFirstFile.
> So all places in Postgres where opendir/listdir are used will assume that
> directory is empty and
> do nothing without reporting any error.
> It is not so good if directory is actually not empty but there are not
> enough permissions for accessing the directory and FindFirstFile
> returns ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED:

Yeah, I think that you are right here.  We should have a clean error
if permissions are incorrect, and your patch does what is mentioned on
Windows docs:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-findfirstfilea

Could you add it to the next commit fest as a bug fix please?  I think
that I will be able to look at that in details soon, but if not it
would be better to not lose track of your fix.
--
Michael

Вложения