Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD
Дата
Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-27, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:

> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 11:53 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think it would be better to just put back the .defn = "" (etc) to the
> > ArchiveEntry calls.
>
> Then we should do this not only for defn, but for owner and dropStmt too.

Yeah, absolutely.

> I can
> update the fix patch I've sent before, if it's preferrable approach in this
> particular situation.

I'm not sure we need those changes, since we're forced to update all
callsites anyway.

> But I hope there are no objections if I'll then submit the original
> changes with more consistent null handling separately to make decision
> about them more consciously.

I think we should save such a patch for whenever we next update the
archive version number, which could take a couple of years given past
history.  I'm inclined to add a comment near K_VERS_SELF to remind
whoever next patches it.