Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 07:59:31AM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> The renaming implies quite a few changes (eg in the documentation,
> makefiles, tests) which warrants a review, so it should be a patch. Also,
> ISTM that the renaming only make sense when adding the enable/disable
> feature, so I'd say that it belongs to this patch. Opinions?

I would think that the rename should happen first, but it is possible
to make git diffs less noisy as well for files copied, so merging
things is technically doable.

> About tests: I'd run a check on a disabled cluster to check that the command
> fails because disabled.

While I look at that...  If you could split the refactoring into a
separate, first, patch as well..
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] generated columns
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] generated columns