Re: No-rewrite timestamp<->timestamptz conversions

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: No-rewrite timestamp<->timestamptz conversions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 02:29:01PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Looks good, would need docs.

The ALTER TABLE page just says "old type is either binary coercible to the new
type or an unconstrained domain over the new type."  Avoiding rewrites by way
of a prosupport function or the at-timestamp-v2.patch approach is essentially
another way to achieve binary coercion.  So far, we haven't documented the
individual data types affected.  Since we don't mention e.g. varchar(x) ->
varchar(x+k) explicitly, I plan not to mention timestamp explicitly.