Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation
Дата
Re: reloption to prevent VACUUM from truncating empty pages at theend of relation  (Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 02:38:05AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> From: Julien Rouhaud [mailto:rjuju123@gmail.com]
>> One last thing, I think we should at least add one regression test for
>> this setting.  The one you provided previously seems perfectly suited.
>
> Thanks, added.

+SELECT pg_relation_size('reloptions_test');
+ pg_relation_size
+------------------
+             8192
+(1 row)
This makes the test page-size sensitive.  While we don't ensure that
tests can be run with different page sizes, we should make a maximum
effort to keep the tests compatible if that's easy enough.  In this
case you could just use > 0 as base comparison.  I can fix that by
myself, so no need to send a new version.

Should we also document that the parameter is effective for
autovacuum?  The name can lead to confusion regarding that.

The rest of the patch looks fine to me.
--
Michael

Вложения