Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-22, Amit Kapila wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 1:57 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think this test is going to break on nonstandard block sizes.  While
> > we don't promise that all tests work on such installs (particularly
> > planner ones),
>
> The reason for not pushing much on making the test pass for
> nonstandard block sizes is that when I tried existing tests, there
> were already some failures.  For example, see the failures in the
> attached regression diff files (for block_size as 16K and 32K
> respectively).  I saw those failures during the previous
> investigation, the situation on HEAD might or might not be exactly the
> same.  Whereas I see the value in trying to make sure that tests pass
> for nonstandard block sizes, but that doesn't seem to be followed for
> all the tests.

Wow, there's a lot less tests failing there than I thought there would
be.  That increases hope that we can someday have them pass.  +1 on not
making things worse.

I think the crash in the amcheck test should be studied, one way or
another; CCing Peter.