Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Delay locking partitions during INSERT and UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-02-18 17:47:07 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > Not sure what you mean here.  This is an executor change. What does
> > the planner care about what the executor does?
>
> Are we talking about the same patch?  The one I'm looking at seems
> to be mostly planner and plancache changes:

I think so - the patch in this thread is much simpler:

diffstat < /tmp/v2-0001-Delay-locking-of-partitions-during-INSERT-and-UPD.patch
 execPartition.c |   10 ++--------

that's the patch upthread from here, at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKJS1f_hWSiC9j9HkZCfNVQs-bbHY-P2RqbH4bYcEHmWtpyLRw%40mail.gmail.com

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Missing Column names with multi-insert