Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-18, Andres Freund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2019-02-18 16:26:55 +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> > Hi Andres,
> >
> > Thank you for your feedback.
> >
> > On 16.02.2019 6:41, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > It sounds like a seriously bad idea to use a different parser for
> > > pg_rewind.  Why don't you just use postgres for it? As in
> > > /path/to/postgres -D /path/to/datadir/ -C shared_buffers
> > > ?

Eh, this is what I suggested in this thread four months ago, though I
didn't remember at the time that aaa6e1def292 had already introduced -C
in 2011.  It's definitely the way to go ... all this messing about with
the parser is insane.