Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Progress reporting for pg_verify_checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 09:00:29PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Well, pg_rewind is also using kB, so should I switch it back to that?

I am not sure which one is better, sorry :)

There is an argument for switching pg_rewind to use MB as well.  I
don't expect pg_rewind to transfer gigs of data, but it could make the
maths harder for a newcomer if it transfers a lot of data.

> It looks like the progress reporting is otherwise quite similar, so what
> exactly did you have in mind?

I was thinking about a routine in src/common/ or such at this time.
The tools have separate goals though, so it looks sensible as well to
keep two routines.  I am fine to let that up to you.
--
Michael

Вложения