Re: REL_11_STABLE: dsm.c - cannot unpin a segment that is not pinned

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: REL_11_STABLE: dsm.c - cannot unpin a segment that is not pinned
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 10:26:12AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Yeah.  I suppose we should probably consider back-patching a fix for that.

It hasn't been an issue for us, but that seems like a restart hazard.  Who
knows what all the distros initscripts do, how thin a layer they are around
pg_ctl or kill, but you risk waiting indefinitely for postmaster and its gather
backend/s to die, all the while rejecting new clients with 'the database system
is shutting down'.

+1

Justin