Re: WAL insert delay settings

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: WAL insert delay settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Bulk operations like CREATE INDEX, ALTER TABLE, or bulk loads can create
> a lot of WAL.  A lot of WAL at once can cause delays in replication.

Agreed, though I think VACUUM should certainly be included in this.

I'm all for the idea though it seems like a different approach is needed
based on the down-thread discussion.  Ultimately, having a way to have
these activities happen without causing issues for replicas is a great
idea and would definitely address a practical issue that a lot of people
run into.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения