Re: Internal error while setting reloption on system catalogs.

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Internal error while setting reloption on system catalogs.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:01:48 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in <20605.1549378908@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> > The following command complains with an internal
> > error. (allow_system_table_mods is on).
>
> > alter table pg_attribute set (fillfactor = 90);
> >> ERROR:  AccessExclusiveLock required to add toast table.
>
> > The same happens for pg_class.
>
> Isn't this more or less the same thing Peter E. was attempting to fix in
> ?

Uggh Right. One of the problem is the same with this. Thank you
for the pointer, Tom.

> > The first attached is for master and 11.
> > The second is for 10.
> > The third is for 9.6.
>
> It's not clear to me that we ought to consider catalog alterations
> supported at all, but in any case I wouldn't treat it as something
> to back-patch.

I'm ok with that. Considering using reloption on system catalogs
let me notice it.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi