Re: What happens if checkpoint haven't completed until the nextcheckpoint interval or max_wal_size?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: What happens if checkpoint haven't completed until the nextcheckpoint interval or max_wal_size?
Дата
Ответы Re: What happens if checkpoint haven't completed until the nextcheckpoint interval or max_wal_size?  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 04:11:55PM +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> ...not about this part. I think the next checkpoint just doesn't start
> until the one already in progress completes.

Yes, the requests are communicated from any backends to the
checkpointer with shared memory (see ckpt_flags in RequestCheckpoint),
and the backend signals the checkpointer to do the work, still it
won't do the work until the checkpoint currently running finishes.
--
Michael

Вложения