Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries

От bruce@momjian.us
Тема Re: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Дата
RE: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries  ("Ideriha, Takeshi" <ideriha.takeshi@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 08:23:39AM +0000, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> Horiguchi-san, Bruce, all, So, why don't we make
> syscache_memory_target the upper limit on the total size of all
> catcaches, and rethink the past LRU management?

I was going to say that our experience with LRU has been that the
overhead is not worth the value, but that was in shared resource cases,
which this is not.