Re: pg_upgrade: Pass -j down to vacuumdb

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_upgrade: Pass -j down to vacuumdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Feb-01, Jamison, Kirk wrote:

> I'm not sure if misunderstood the purpose of $VACUUMDB_OPTS. I thought what
> the other developers suggested is to utilize it so that --jobs for vacuumdb
> would be optional and just based from user-specified option $VACUUMDB_OPTS.
> By which it would not utilize the amount of jobs used for pg_upgrade.
> To address your need of needing a parallel, the script would just then
> suggest if the user wants a --jobs option. The if/else for number of jobs is
> not needed in that case, maybe only for ifndef WIN32 else case.

No Kirk, you got it right -- (some of) those ifdefs are not needed, as
adding the --jobs in the command line is not needed.  I do think some
extra whitespace in the format string is needed.

Сообщение: Re: speeding up planning with partitions
Сообщение: Re: speeding up planning with partitions