Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15114: logical decoding Segmentation fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 10:32:16PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> My approach is to make RelationGetIndexAttrBitmap() not need a snapshot.
>  The whole code was overly complicated anyway, calling BuildIndexInfo()
> and then throwing the result away.  We can do it directly more
> efficiently and avoid all the business about eval_const_expressions().
> Moreover, this fixes the problem in a central place and does not require
> bespoke separate fixes in the publisher and subscriber code.  External
> logical decoding or logical replication implementations could also be
> affected and would benefit from this fix.

I have spent some time for the last couple of days looking at this
patch, and that's a neat approach.

+        * those might run constants evaluation, which needs a snapshot, which
"constants evaluation" sounds like weird English.  "constant
evaluation" or "evaluation of constants would be better"?

Thanks for adding a test case as well, Peter.
--
Michael

Вложения