Re: upgrade from 9.6 to 10/11

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: upgrade from 9.6 to 10/11
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 11:20:28AM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> > I'm planning our db upgrade from 9.6. Basically I wanted to check how stable
> > is pg11 version. I'm considering upgrading from 9.6 to 10 and then to 11 immediatly.
> > Is there a way to upgrade directly to 11 and jump on 10.
>
> v11 is stable, else the PGDG would not release it.
>
> There is no need to upgrade via v10, I recommend that you upgrade from 9.6
> to v11 directly, either via dump/restore or with pg_upgrade.

Keep in mind that v11.2 will be released in 2 weeks, you should plan to install
the minor upgrade to it shortly after it's released, or perhaps defer upgrading
to 11 until then.

https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/

Justin

Сообщение: Re: Benchmarking: How to identify bottleneck (limiting factor) andachieve "linear scalability"?
Сообщение: Re: Benchmarking: How to identify bottleneck (limiting factor) andachieve "linear scalability"?