Re: `transaction_read_only` GUC undocumented

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: `transaction_read_only` GUC undocumented
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 01:07:31AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> transaction_read_only is listed in src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c, so we
>> could put a description close to default_transaction_read_only in
>> config.sgml, except that transaction_read_only sets the current
>> transaction's read-only status.
>
> Do we really want to document that?  It's not the standard-approved
> way of making a transaction read-only.

i'd rather document them clearly rather than letting them around with
users guessing what they actually do (remember the recent thread about
replication parameter in connection strings).  By the way, I can see
that transaction_deferrable and transaction_isolation are not around
either...
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: `transaction_read_only` GUC undocumented
Сообщение: Re: `transaction_read_only` GUC undocumented