Re: Is it impolite to dump a message

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Is it impolite to dump a message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Thiemo Kellner (thiemo@gelassene-pferde.biz) wrote:
> I posted a question and did not get a reaction. Now I wonder whether no one
> took interest (no offence meant) no one has an answer or whether the point
> in time I posted was just rubbish. In the latter case I would be inclined to
> dump/repost my question but only if this was not impolite. Is there a
> policy?

The most that can really be drawn is "no one responded".  I wouldn't
read more into it than that- any of the above are possible and it's most
likely some combination of those and other factors across the various
people on the list.

The way to address that, in my view at least, would be to respond to the
email you sent to the list, after waiting a while- don't bombard the
list, but after a week is probably alright.  In that response, ideally,
you'd include what updates you have, things you've done to try and
figure out the answer yourself, etc.

Ultimately, though, these lists are essentially all monitored and
responded to on a volunteer basis and your question may continue to go
unanswered indefinitely.  If you'd like a higher level of service, then
there are support companies available for PostgreSQL who are happy to
provide it.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения