Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacriticalcharacters

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacriticalcharacters
Дата
Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacriticalcharacters  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Jan-03, Hugh Ranalli wrote:

> I realise this is an incredibly minor component of the PostgreSQL
> infrastructure, but as I don't want to hold up reviewers, may I ask:
>
>    - It seems we have two votes for Python 3 only, and one for Python 2/3.
>    I lean toward Python 2/3 myself because: a) many distributions still ship
>    with Python 2 as the default and b) it's a single code block that can
>    easily be removed. If the decision is for Python 3, I'd like at least to
>    add a check that catches this and prints a message, rather than leaving
>    someone with a cryptic runtime error that makes them think the script is
>    broken;

I kinda agree with Peter that this is a fringe, rarely run program where
the python3 requirement is unlikely to be onerous, but since the 2/3
compatibility is so little code, I would opt for keeping it for the time
being.  We can remove it in a couple of years.

>    - Michael Paquier, do you have any other comments? If not, I'll adjust
>    the documentation to use the URLs you have indicated. If you are
>    downloading via curl or wget, the URL I used is the proper one. It gives
>    you the XML file, whereas the other saves the HTML interface, leading to
>    errors if you try to run it. I'll also add this to the documentation.

I think the point is that if the committee updates with a further
version of the file, how do you find the new version?  We need a URL
that's one step removed from the final file, so that we can see if we
need to update it.  Maybe we can provide both URLs for convenience.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15548: Unaccent does not remove combining diacritical characters