Re: pg_dumpall Sets Roll default_tablespace Before Creating Tablespaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall Sets Roll default_tablespace Before Creating Tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm beginning to think that the correct solution to these problems is to
>> greatly restrict what you can set in ALTER ROLE/DATABASE SET. �Or at
>> least to document that if you use it, you get to keep both pieces after
>> you break pg_dump.

> This is another instance of the general principle that we need to
> create all the objects first, and then set their properties.  I
> believe you came up with one counterexample where we needed to set the
> GUC first in order to be able to create the object, but ISTM most of
> them are going the other way.

Well, a "general principle" for which we already know one counterexample
isn't general enough for me.  The problem that I'm having here is that
it's not clear that there is any general solution, short of pg_dumpall
having variable-by-variable knowledge of which GUCs to set when, and
maybe even that wouldn't be good enough.