Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 11:04:09AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The current patch prevents REINDEX CONCURRENTLY of invalid indexes, but
> I wonder why that is so.  Anyone remember?

It should be around this time:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqRwVtQcHWErUf9o0hrRGFyQ9xArk7K7jCLxqKLy_6CXPQ@mail.gmail.com

And if I recall correctly the rason to not be able to reindex invalid
entries was that when working on a table, schema or database, if a
failure happens in the process, the reindexing would need to happen
for a double number of indexes when repeating the command.
--
Michael

Вложения