Re: Increasing parallelism of queries while using file fdw andpartitions

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Increasing parallelism of queries while using file fdw andpartitions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 08:39:36PM -0800, Patrick Mulrooney wrote:
> Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to tweak my setup to get it to
> read many files at once instead of one at a time when using file fdw and
> partitions.

I found this:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/parallel-safety.html
|The following operations are always parallel restricted.
|Scans of foreign tables, unless the foreign data wrapper has an IsForeignScanParallelSafe API which indicates
otherwise.

https://github.com/ergo70/vcf_fdw/blob/master/vcf_fdw/__init__.py
=> has no such API marker, since it's couple years old, same as multicorn.

Justin

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: SQL Perfomance during autovacuum