Re: BUG #15552: Unexpected error in COPY to a foreign table in atransaction

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15552: Unexpected error in COPY to a foreign table in atransaction
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 09:44:42AM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> About adding guards in heap_sync itself to make sure that it becomes a
> no-op for non-heap relations, I think that would make sense too.
> Although, I wonder why it doesn't return without doing anything already,
> given that it has this:
>
> heap_sync(Relation rel)
> {
>     /* non-WAL-logged tables never need fsync */
>     if (!RelationNeedsWAL(rel))
>         return;

I think that you should be careful here as we want heap_sync to remain a
rather low-level routine.  For example:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180919214858.65bwponiuqb3rnn2@alap3.anarazel.de
--
Michael

Вложения

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #15559: erro na instalação do postgree