Can we remove the #fdef UNUSED code from nbtxlog.c

От Andres Freund
Тема Can we remove the #fdef UNUSED code from nbtxlog.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

nbtxlog.c has a fairly large section of code commented out with #ifdef
UNUSED. With a node justifying that with:

+    * This section of code is thought to be no longer needed, after
+    * analysis of the calling paths. It is retained to allow the code
+    * to be reinstated if a flaw is revealed in that thinking.

That seems much better addressed by git revert/git log.  Having a
comment explaining facts that aren't true anymore is just plain
confusing.

Greetings,

Andres Freund