Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:16:23 +0300, Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote in
<9653601544523383@iva8-37fc2ad204cd.qloud-c.yandex.net>
sk> oops, forgot attach patch
sk>
sk> 11.12.2018, 13:14, "Sergei Kornilov" <sk@zsrv.org>:
sk> > Hello
sk> >
sk> > After some thinking i can rewrite this patch in another way.
sk> >
sk> > This is better or worse?

As the whole the new version looks better for me.

===
Do we no longer need static version of conninfo/slotname in
walreceiver.c? We can detect a change of the variables without
them (as you did in the previous version.).

===
I don't think it is acceptable that raw conninfo is exposed into
log file.

>  LOG:  parameter "primary_conninfo" changed to "host=/tmp port=5432 password=hoge"

===
> errmsg("closing replication connection because primary_conninfo was changed")));

Maybe it is better being as follows according to similar messages:

> errmsg("terminating walreceiver process due to change of primary_conninfo")));

And it *might* be good to have detail.

> errdetail("In a moment starts streaming WAL with new configuration.");

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center