Re: PostgreSQL VS MongoDB: a use case comparison

От Nicolas Paris
Тема Re: PostgreSQL VS MongoDB: a use case comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 08:34:20AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Anyway, to bring data from JSON to a relational model is out of topic
> > for the current discussion, since we are actually questioning if
> > Postgres is a good replacement for Mongo when handling JSON data.
>
> This narrow viewpoint isn't really sensible though- what you should be
> thinking about is what's appropriate for your *data*.  JSON is just a
> data format, and while it's alright as a system inter-exchange format,
> it's rather terrible as a storage format.

I would add that *FHIR* is an inter-exchange format instead of a storage
format. FHIR spec evolves and its json format too. When implemented in
a relational format it allows to only change the serialization process
(eg: json_tuple & co) instead of the data. In case FHIR is stored as a
json, it makes the information frozen in its version and complicate to
make evolve.

--
nicolas