Re: Sketch of a fix for that truncation data corruption issue

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Sketch of a fix for that truncation data corruption issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-12-10 15:38:55 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Also, I'm not entirely sure whether there's anything in our various
> replication logic that's dependent on vacuum truncation taking AEL.
> Offhand I'd expect the reduced use of AEL to be a plus, but maybe
> I'm missing something.

It'd be a *MAJOR* plus.  One of the biggest operational headaches for
using a HS node for querying is that there'll often be conflicts due to
vacuum truncating relations (which logs an AEL), even if
hot_standby_feedback is used.  There's been multiple proposals to
allow disabling truncations just because of that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund