Re: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)
Дата
Ответ на RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Takahashi, Ryohei" <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Ответы RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Takahashi, Ryohei" <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 02:15:07AM +0000, Takahashi, Ryohei wrote:
>> We can change pgwin32_ReserveSharedMemoryRegion() to take an argument "int
>> loglevel".  Then the caller first calls it with LOG, and DEBUGx afterwards.
>> It may also be helpful for the caller to output "LOG:  tried %d times to
>> reserve shared memory region" when the caller ran the function twice or
>> more before success.  That explains the possibly long time or CPU spikes
>> of connection establishment.
>
> It seems good idea for me.

Like a couple of others on this thread I doubt that lowering the elevel
here would be a good thing, as keeping it noisy has been what allows to
know that something has gone wrong, no?  The current behavior is
useful.
--
Michael

Вложения