Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)
Дата
Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)
Список pgsql-general
On 2018-12-08 12:06:23 -0800, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> On RDS PostgreSQL, the default is 25% of your server memory. This seems
> to be pretty widely accepted as a good starting point on PostgreSQL.

FWIW, I think it's widely cited, but also bad advice.  25% for a OLTP
workload on a 1TB machine with a database size above 25% is a terrible
idea.

От: Jeremy Schneider
Сообщение: Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)
Сообщение: Re: amazon aroura config - seriously overcommited defaults? (May beOff Topic)