Re: Synchronous replay take III

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Synchronous replay take III
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 02:48:29PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 9:06 AM Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, cfbot says that patch can't be applied without conflicts, could
>> you please post a rebased version and address commentaries from Masahiko?
>
> Right, it conflicted with 4c703369 and cfdf4dc4.  While rebasing on
> top of those, I found myself wondering why syncrep.c thinks it needs
> special treatment for postmaster death.  I don't see any reason why we
> shouldn't just use WL_EXIT_ON_PM_DEATH, so I've done it like that in
> this new version.  If you kill -9 the postmaster, I don't see any
> reason to think that the existing coding is more correct than simply
> exiting immediately.

Hm.  This stuff runs under many assumptions, so I think that we should
be careful here with any changes as the very recent history has proved
(4c70336).  If we were to switch WAL senders on postmaster death, I
think that this could be a change independent of what is proposed here.
--
Michael

Вложения